
Yes, I am still pregnant. Was I one of those people who had a 6 and a half pound baby just a week early so she was still fully healthy and developed but not massive? No, I was not. Will I be one of those people that goes two weeks overdue and has a 9 pounder?? Oh I do hope not! My official due date is November 6th but I am starting to really feel like this is going to go on much longer than that. I really hope my "mother's intuition" is completely off about this and I go into labour this weekend. I made a list when I went on maternity leave (my last day of work was October 12) of things to get done before the baby comes and I've pretty much done it all (well housework is never ending so I don't really count that - all the major cleaning is done) so now I wait.
I have LOVED being off work - I must say that after two and a half weeks of being at home, I am not at all antsy to get back into the working world. I miss my coworkers and being part of the downtown world, so close to things, but the truth is I can now go down there for an hour to visit and shop if I want and then just come home so it really isn't that bad. We've been taking prenatal classes which is at the very least giving me the illusion that I can handle this whole labour and delivery thing, maybe even without drugs (all you mothers out there can stop scoffing and let me be naive please!). I'm saying now that I really want to try and do this without an epidural, so we'll see how I do! I'm certainly not going to be a hero and if it turns out that I can't handle the pain, I'll take the needle. We're learning how to breathe and different positions to try to get through painful contractions so I'm going to make an honest effort - wish me luck!
1 comment:
You are soooooo close! Pretty soon you'll be wondering why in the world you were waiting so anxiously to experience the worst pain in the world :) But then SHE'LL be there and it'll be worth it...hope it happens soon! Lots of love, mary
Post a Comment