Thursday, April 16, 2009

Anniversary, Easter, first night away from Lynsey

So Brian and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary last Friday. I must say that so far, marriage has really been pretty easy and fun! We might come into some hard times yet, but I have loved every minute of being married thus far:). And of course, bringing Lynsey into the family has only made things more fun! Brian's aunt Stella came and stayed with Lynsey on Friday night while Brian and I went out to dinner and a movie, and then on to a hotel for night. Lynsey did really well - apparently she was a bit confused in the morning, but no meltdowns or anything! I think she's ready to be away from us for a weekend sometime soon (start planning weekend away, check:)). We spent Easter in Calgary this year instead of going to Edmonton, and went to Terry and Marilyn's for Easter dinner on Sunday. All in all, it was a nice, relaxing Easter weekend.

Lynsey has continued on her path of independence, although we haven't seen a repeat of her little tantrum (thank goodness!). She is getting more efficient at eating herself, although I still try to sneak in a spoonful here and there to move things along. It seems like nothing ever stays easy for long - you just enter a phase where all aspects of taking care of her are running smoothly, and then she decides to change the way she wants things done. The story of our lives! And most other parents out there I'm sure:). She is definitely starting to talk more, her most prominent new word being "more" (or her own version of it - mmmo! mmmo!). If only we could figure out WHAT she wanted more of, this would be a great development! Oh, well - the communication is coming along!





1 comment:

shane magee said...

she's BEAUTIFUL!! can't believe how grown up she is!

and as for her parents....



(happy anniversary you guys!)