Adam STILL hasn't cut those two teeth that have been bothering him for going on a month - good times. His crankiness comes and goes, so at least it's not constant. He is definitely discontent for reasons other than teething. He wants so badly to move around, and yet when we put him on his tummy he just cries and cries. It's really sad actually - the tears are flowing and everything. He seems to think we are trying to torture him or something! Like I was saying in my last post, he just wants to stand, and more and more wants us to walk him around. He still likes his jolly jumper, but when we walk by, he tries desperately to reach out for us and then cries. He is definitely starting to reach for us when he wants to be picked up (which is most of the time). He is getting better at feeding himself (figures that would be one of the things he masters first! Not gonna put much energy into learning to crawl, but I definitely need to learn how to FEED MYSELF!:)). I love watching him and Lynsey interact. While she still makes him cry a lot of the time, more and more I see her making him smile and laugh, and it just makes me so happy! I have visions of them entertaining each other in the very near future!
I think I've mentioned this in other posts, but Lynsey has pretty much memorized most of her books (and she has A LOT of books - no small feat!) and she often sits there reading to herself for a long time. It's very cute:). I don't know if this is normal for a kid her age and I don't even care if it is (I refuse to be one of those moms always looking for ways that my kid is "ahead" of other kids) - I just think it's really neat and I'm glad she is so interested in books! I did some fall shopping for her yesterday and it was so much fun! For the first time, I let myself go a bit and bought her some really cute clothes that weren't necessarily always the most practical:). I decided it was time to take advantage of the fact that I have a little girl and have some fun with it!













No comments:
Post a Comment