Things have settled down on the potty front (thankfully!). It seems she was just experimenting with her freedom for a time. My sister called me and suggested it might be a medical issue (bladder infection or something like it), so I think I'll get her an appointment in January and see if there's something to that. To be honest, it would be a bit of a relief to know that it's medical and not behavioural, but I sort of don't think it is. We'll get there!
Adam has been a bit unhappy again the last few days. I can't tell that there are any teeth threatening to come out any time soon, but who knows. He is gaining more confidence in his walking, even dropping his hands sometimes:). Somebody mentioned to me that maybe he was putting his hands on his head to give him some security, to feel like he's holding onto something. When he's in a good mood, he'll be holding onto a chair or the railing and he'll start squatting and even lifting one leg - I consider this trying to expand his mobility:). I'm hopeful that he'll keep testing what he can do and someday, he might even be able to pull himself to standing from sitting!
He had his last bottle yesterday AND we faced him forward in his carseat - a big day for him! The carseat actually didn't seem to make a difference - he's always been pretty good in his carseat, so he just kind of sat there, same as always!
Lynsey went with Brian's parents to Edmonton today. They were coming through Calgary on the way home from Banff, and asked if we thought she would want to come to Edmonton a few days early with them (we are going up on Wednesday). She was very excited about it! I think it's a great chance for her, one she doesn't often get since they live in Edmonton, so I'm glad it worked out:). I miss her, but I am excited to spend the day with just Adam tomorrow!









No comments:
Post a Comment