Monday, March 14, 2011

My kids are growing up!

We had a really fun weekend in Edmonton a week ago. Steve and Andrea came down from Brandon and we had a great visit! It was great to meet little Alex and catch up with them.

Adam is becoming his own little person more and more every day. He keeps picking up more words and is becoming more and more mobile - he goes down stairs now! He needs a start at the top still, but he goes down very confidently on his own. He seems to be able to turn around and go down on his own when he gets to the landing, but for some reason he needs my help right at the top. He's probably still lacking some confidence. He is a lot more independent these days, too - he wanders around a lot, and I need to carry him around a lot less. He loves emptying my drawers, and recently his own drawers, which I remember Lynsey doing at that age as well:). We were at the zoo today, and he was happy just wandering around the playground for a long time. Once he discovered the slide, his contentment was over and all he wanted to do was slide, but it was a fun time nonetheless:). He seems to be going through a growth spurt the last few days because he has been sleeping a lot - long naps and nights. Nice for me! It will be interesting to see how long he will stay chunky!

Lynsey is becoming quite the little academic! She tried to spell out the stop sign today (didn't get it quite right, but it was the first time I ever heard her try!) and she is counting everything - the peas in her plate, her corn pops, etc. I registered her for preschool in the fall and I am getting more and more confident that she will just love it. She also drew her first bonafide face last week! I was so proud of her:). There is a picture below of her holding it.


















No comments: