Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Less than three days to go!

I can't believe we're leaving for Maui in LESS THAN three days! I seriously hope we're ready. I have been running all over the place trying to find things for the kids to do while on the plane, and have a healthy stack of sticker books and activity/colouring books for Lynsey. Adam remains a question mark unfortunately. What do you do with a 22 month old on an airplane? I am so hopeful that he will enter his "carseat mode" and just chill out the way he does in the van. Seriously hopeful. I guess we'll have to wait and see!

Lynsey has been talking a lot about wanting to be an adult lately. I try to explain to her that adults have hard responsibilities and that she would have to go to work instead of preschool etc., but she continues to persist. The other day when I picked her up from preschool, she suddenly frowned and said, "I'm just so tired of being a kid! I just want to have a baby in MY tummy!". So I think this talk has a lot to do with suddenly wanting to be a Mommy. It's sweet to think she wants to be a Mommy like me, but I do hope she can still enjoy being a kid in the meantime:). I tried to explain to her how much work it was to take care of a baby, and told her that she could help me as much as she wanted when the baby comes. This seemed to comfort her a bit, and she exclaimed, "I will do everything except change diapers!". What a sweet little girl we have:).

Adam is becoming his own little man. He likes to answer questions with a short and simple "no" with a rare "yes" thrown in. When he hurts himself, he tells himself, "it's okay bud, I sorry bud" - so cute:). He says so many things I can't even begin to count them. He still doesn't always communicate very effectively with us, but it improves every day! We just love this little dude so incredibly much:).

I was gone last weekend on our church woman's retreat - so much fun! I think everyone should go on some kind of retreat at least once a year. You don't even know how much you need some time away until you get it!

I will try to do a few blog posts while we're in Hawaii, so if you're interested in hearing how we're doing out there, check this blog.







No comments: