Well, our birthday boy did not enjoy his cake very much! He got this sudden attack of what looked like an ear infection right before we did the cake! Poor Adam:(. The good news is, he had a bath and perked right up after. Phew! Saved us a trip to the doctor which was a HUGE relief!
We had my southern Alberta family over last Saturday and it was a lot of fun! We had a house full, but everything went well! This week we have started to settle back into routine, which has been nice. I love Christmas with all the get-togethers, but it is always nice to just settle back into the mundane of every day afterwards, too.
Nathan has been cruising everywhere lately! He actually took his first unbalanced steps on New Years Day! Since then, he has been very leery of us and doesn't want to let go of our hands when we're trying to get him to walk between us. Not quite ready I guess! But he is getting so steady and has been much less whiny actually - he now likes the walk-behind toy and is steady enough to steer it a bit and has even turned it completely around a few times! My guess is by 11 months, he will be walking well. Oh and I have to mention that he learned to drink from a straw yesterday! Very exciting indeed! This will make dropping his last two bottles much easier.
Adam has been using more and more words the last little while! It's still repetitive, but he's repeating more than he has in the past. His teachers said that he's doing it a lot in class, too, which is a testament to how comfortable he's getting with his teachers. One thing I forgot to mention in my last post is that over Christmas he started pointing at things! Up until then he had really only pointed at pictures in books, but over Christmas we started asking him things like, "where's the fan?" and he would point at it and say, "there's the fan!". Very exciting for us! He doesn't do it consistently, but he is certainly on the right track. The other day, I experimented with putting some underwear on him and he didn't mind it! I wasn't sure if he would have anxiety about it, but he didn't, which is good. I talked to the preschool teacher and she said we should probably wait until the summer to actually potty train him, but she said they would start putting him on the potty for 10 seconds when they change his diaper. Apparently it worked the first day, which was a bit surprising to me since he get really anxious any time I mention sitting on the potty. Maybe they will be able to break through his anxiety! Fingers crossed!
Brian and I have booked a little getaway to Seattle over Family Day weekend! I'm a bit nervous about how the kids will do, but we really needed to do this for a lot of reasons. First of all, I need a getaway!:) Most importantly, though, I have opened myself up to the possibility that we might try living there one day, and I definitely wanted to spend some time there before making the decision to relocate my life there. Brian's parents are going to watch the kids so it will hopefully be a nice weekend away!
No comments:
Post a Comment