So we seem to have lost Nathan and gained "Captain Huggyface" the last few days. Lynsey has been pretending to be WordGirl, her favorite superhero, and Nathan has been appointed as her sidekick, Captain Huggyface. He loves to follow around with her and play along, and just the other day at dinner, he pointed at Lynsey and says, "WordGirl". This of course made us laugh, but then he also points to himself and says, "Huggyface". Today, when I called him Nathan, he often corrected me to "Huggyface"! So funny! I guess Lynsey will have to curb the pretend play around him before he has an identity crisis:).
Nathan is starting to tell us "uckies" when he pees (at least, I'm fairly sure that is what's happening, he stops and grabs his diaper and says it). I have decided that when we get back from our Alberta trip in February I'm going to do a trial weekend in underwear and see what happens. He keeps saying "no potty" every time I suggest sitting on the potty, so I'm not holding out a lot of hope that he is actually ready, but it is worth a try! His communication has really been coming along quickly! He says so many words now and it's becoming easier to understand him, too.
Lynsey and I went to her school's library night the other night, and her reading group teacher told me that Lynsey's reading has come leaps and bounds in the last little while! We thought she had been improving, but it was so nice to hear a teacher come up to me and tell me without me asking about it that she's been doing really well:). I have also noticed that she is having less trouble with her math homework, and her online marks seem to be reflecting that she is getting better grades on her tests as well. I'm not that worried about her marks exactly, but it is important to me that she understands what is going on and is learning to focus and pay attention in class. We have another parent/teacher conference at the end of the month so I guess we will see what her teacher says then!
I feel like Adam has become a bit more aggressive with Lynsey and Nathan lately when he wants something they have or they don't do what he wants. He was hitting Lynsey and pulling her hair today. I'm going to ask his preschool teachers if he's doing this with his peers as well, I really want to make sure we address it right away. He's still not that aggressive, but he never even used to hit at all so I am a bit concerned about a new pattern starting. He DID go get his hair cut on Saturday and he just waltzed in there like he owned the place! He's been there once before, and last time he was upset at the beginning but calmed down when she started cutting. This time, he wasn't upset at all. He just let her cut and barely flinched, even when she was trimming around his ears. It was so wonderful! I now don't have to dread getting his hair cut anymore, yay! I am going to take him to the doctor for the first time in a long time on Thursday, so that could be interesting. He needs to get some immunizations to catch up to the American schedule, so I am hoping he will at the very least be okay until they poke him (and then hopefully they will be quick and we can get out of there!). If the doctor goes well, I plan to brave the dentist! The pediatric dentist that saw Lynsey was so incredibly good with her, and he seems to have a system for dealing with kids with Autism, so we'll give it a go sometime soon:). I just pray for the day when all these routing appointments will be no big deal!
Brian and I went to Amazon's post holiday company party on Saturday and it was fun! We hung out with some of his co workers for a while which was fun, and just walked around and took in the entertainment. When a company the size of Amazon puts on a party, it's a big deal! There were acrobats hanging from the ceiling, people walking around on stilts, a games room, big igloos set up with couches, a live band that played songs you may even have heard on the radio, the list goes on! It was fun, I'm glad we went:). I also went to a baby shower on Sunday where I had to wear a dress and heels, hence the picture of me in 4 inch heels. I did not fall over once and wore them for almost 3 hours! It was a fun baby shower:).
No comments:
Post a Comment