Saturday, December 3, 2016

Trip to Vancouver, American Thanksgiving, Trip to La Crete, and more

Once again, it feels like a lot has happened since my last post. Life is just continuing to move so quickly! Nathan had a little Thanksgiving parade at his preschool which was pretty cute:-). That weekend (the one before Thanksgiving) we went to Vancouver (actually, we never went into Vancouver but stayed in Langley at our trusty Hampton Inn with waterslide). The kids had a great time! We did a lot of swimming, eating out, and relaxing. Great to be back in Canada again, as usual! 

For Thanksgiving, we went to the Davey's house and had a great dinner with them and some other friends. That night we actually went out to Target and Kohl's for Black Friday shopping! I had never done it before, and I do not feel the need to ever do it again. I don't really know what the point of it was for me, I guess if you are looking for a very specific item that will have a deep discount only on that one day then it makes sense, but it is not for me. The next day, Adam and I were off to the airport to get on the plane to Edmonton! The flight was good, pretty uneventful. We had a nice dinner and evening at Brian's parents, and then early the next morning I got picked up by my Three Hills sisters and off we were to La Crete for my uncle's funeral. How this trip all transpired is that I had tickets to come to Edmonton from Friday to Sunday to come hang out with Becky while she was stuck in Edmonton on dialysis. But, my uncle Henry died quite suddenly on the Monday of that week, so everyone's plans changed. The funeral was on Sunday, so I was able to change my flight home to Monday, and Brian's parents were able to shift their schedules so they could watch Adam for me on Monday. So, a group of us went up for the funeral. I am so glad I was able to go. It was really good to see so many people I hadn't seen in ages, and I think it was good for my parents to have so many of us there. They were very close to my uncle. The drives to and from La Crete were really good, too, did a lot of catching up with my sisters. It didn't feel a million miles long for a change! Adam had a great time with his Grandma and Grandpa while I was gone, it was a very worthwhile trip for sure.

This week we have been trying to get ready for Christmas. Yesterday we had our Facebook Christmas party, which was a lot of fun! Today we put up the tree and got out the Christmas train, we are officially ready for the season! Adam's home program has gotten started, we met a few of the consultants/program managers on Thursday. They will come over a few more times over the next few weeks and try and get to know Adam a bit (he tolerated them being here, but he didn't hang around them or anything - it will take them some time to get to know him for sure!). The therapy aides won't start until after Christmas, which is actually good because we are going back up to Edmonton for a week at Christmas. Hopefully this will work well for him! We won't know until we try anyway, all we can do is keep doing what we think is best. 































No comments: