The last couple of weeks we stayed close to home mostly. We went to Idylwood Beach at Saturday the 15th and then to Whidbey Island for the afternoon on the following Sunday. Our friends James and Sarah were here for one night the Tuesday after that, was so great to catch up with them! We didn't do too much the weekend after, I got a bit sick on Sunday and it lasted for a few days. Thankfully I started feeling better mid week because Mary and Dave came Thursday evening. They were here until this past Monday afternoon, we had a great time with them! Friday, Lynsey was sick so we just hung close to home, but Saturday we went to Golden Gardens Beach Park and then the Ballard Locks - great day! The weather was perfect! Sunday was low key, we went to church and relaxed at home until after supper, then went down to the Kirkland waterfront to have ice cream and throw rocks into the water. Monday, I took Mary to the gym (her triceps love me haha!) and then we went to Snoqualmie Falls in the afternoon. We parked at the bottom and did the hike up to the top first thing, turned out to be a great strategy! They got the hard part over with right away and the hike down was a breeze:-). That evening they were off to see other friends and then head up to Abbotsford the next day. Great visit!
We are getting ready to go on our second camping trip of the summer tomorrow, and I'm glad we are going to be close to the water! It's going to be HOT everywhere the next few days! Thankfully it will be a bit cooler where we are going, to Fort Flagler State Park. The kids are excited to go camping again!
Adam was getting a bit better with his repetitive behavior, but Brian was gone to Menlo Park for a few days last week and I think it triggered something. It is now very difficult to say anything to him at all without him wanting us to repeat it back to him (with "Thanksgiving" tacked on at the end, at least we have finally left "July 4th" in the dust!). It's exhausting. I miss the days when I could at least ask him a question. Hopefully this is a temporary spike that goes down ASAP.













































No comments:
Post a Comment