Thursday, December 19, 2019

Less than a week until Christmas!

Whew, here we are on December 19th! I am officially done my Christmas shopping and I'm ready for the holiday break! Two more days with the kids in school means I have to do as many things during the day that Adam won't tolerate in the next few days as I can, tomorrow will be vacuum and steam mop day! And I guess play as much piano as possible. I am looking forward to no more lunches and schedules for a while, we will enjoy some lazy days at home leading up to Christmas:-). 

The last few weeks have been kind of a blur. Shopping, appointments, Facebook Christmas party (which was a lot of fun!). We met with Adam's ABA team a few weeks back and talked a bit more about his compulsive behaviors, I think they are trying to formulate some new strategies as they learn more about what triggers his episodes, how intense they are, etc. I am not super hopeful for anything to drastically change, but if they can give us some tools to try and minimize the repetition I am all for it! I feel like he has dialed it back a bit the last week or so, which is interesting because upcoming breaks often make him more stressed. Hopefully the Christmas break is a wonderful, relaxing time for him!

Not really much else to report! We leave on Christmas Day in the evening, so I will try and update before we leave so I'm not too overwhelmed with pictures to organize when we get home. Merry Christmas!


























No comments: