Another Christmas has come and gone! And it goes without saying that this one was pretty different from any that we have had in the past, and hopefully also in the future:-/. We were able to make the most of it, but this is the first Christmas where we have not been with family (in person) at all - very strange. The kids were in great spirits and we were still able to have a wonderful Christmas. We spoiled them a little more than we normally would just because it's been a hard year and they have had such good attitudes about not being able to go to school and see their friends. They got a Nintendo Switch gaming system which has been a lot of fun for all of us - I promised them I would try and get into some games as well, they are always wanting me to play video games with them! So far I have got an island set up in Animal Crossing, and I am not coming in last in Mario Kart so there is hope for me yet:-D.
I've been doing a lot of puzzles, I think I mentioned this previously. I started a 3000 piece puzzle the other day, and because of the sheer volume of pieces I had no choice but to get a puzzle piece tray system for myself haha! It's made things a lot easier, and I'm enjoying zoning out in front of the puzzle board.
We had a bit of snow early last week which was a real treat for the kids! Lynsey went out sledding with her friend Maggie, and Nathan built a little snowman on the deck:-). I'm personally glad it was a small amount and it didn't cause any big problems like the snow we've had the last few years, but it was enough for the kids to have a bit of fun. Fingers crossed this is it for the year!
We weren't able to gather with our families in person, but we did virtual gatherings with each of our families and they both went really well! I was surprised at how well the Fehr one went, with such a big group I wasn't sure we would be able to have meaningful conversations, but we were able to catch up a little bit with everyone which was nice. Virtual gatherings will never replace in person get togethers, but when it's all you have, it's certainly better than doing nothing! Very much hoping I will be able to get up there at Easter time. I am hopeful but I really have no idea if it will be possible, I guess time will tell.
Tomorrow we embark on a little vacation to Phoenix. We are going to go and try and make the most of it in this crazy time, while being as safe as we can. I'm not super worried about flying, I am a bit worried about the other people at the resort not being as concerned about social distancing as we are. Oh well, we can only control what we do, so it will be up to us to try and stay in situations we are comfortable with! Lots of take out and walks out in nature, hopefully the hot tubs won't be full all the time so we can get some hot tub time in as well. I'm hoping it will be relaxing and sunny and just a little change of pace for us. I'm sure there are people that think we are terrible for taking this vacation in a pandemic, but we all have to try and balance the collective concerns of society with our own family's well being. We decided we could do this trip relatively safely, and that we all needed this break after the year it's been. Sorry to anyone that disagrees, goodness knows I disagree with how many other people have handled this pandemic so I guess that's our right!






































No comments:
Post a Comment