It's almost April, the days are getting longer, the sun is shining more and more . . . hope for a better day continues to grow! Vaccinations are continually ramping up and more and more businesses and activities are being opened and expanded.
Nathan started school on March 19th. He was so nervous and excited! He loves going in person. So far it's only 2 days a week, BUT they just sent out an email yesterday that said they are going to be expanding that to 4 days a week on April 19th! That is the day Middle and High School students are supposed to start, and THEY are going to be going for 4 days a week as well! When it rains it pours, I guess! I am hopeful that all of these decisions to expand in-person school and activities, are being made with much forethought and proper information. Cases are starting to tick up here slightly, which is not unexpected, but it doesn't quite match up with all the opening that's happening. I am HOPING they are doing this even knowing the cases are going up, knowing that because of all the vaccinations that have happened and are continuing to happen that any new surge will be minor and not cause hospitalizations and most importantly deaths to increase. I want to believe all the factors have been considered and that the science has pointed to, "It's okay to do this now". Do I know for sure that this is true? Not at all, time will tell! I'm just so happy they are finally prioritizing schools, it is about time. I guess it takes an actual leader as President standing up and telling states to make schools a priority, and to do it now.
What else is new . . . Adam went to Little Bits for a riding assessment, we are hoping to start him in Adaptive riding after Spring Break. It's a once a week riding lesson especially for special needs kids, I think he will love it! It's nice to have something to look forward to for him, since none of his other activities have started back up yet. Nathan is enjoying Lacrosse, although he definitely needs some more practice so he can be a bit more involved in the games. I continue to believe that he will enjoy it more and more the better he gets. Lynsey's volleyball at the Boys and Girls Club is starting after Spring Break, and I don't know if I mentioned earlier that I am volunteering as a coach! I told them I want to be paired with someone else because I haven't coached before, so we'll see how it goes. I have to be there anyway for the practice, I might as well get involved! It killed me to watch her school volleyball games because I could see they weren't working on fundamentals and I just wanted to jump in there and show all those girls how to do a proper forward pass lol! I hope it's a fun experience - for both of us!
Brian is still working from home, no end in sight as of yet. He doesn't want to go back into the office until he doesn't have to wear a mask all day and that could be a while yet. We are going on a road trip to Northern California on Saturday which should be fun, stopping in 5 different cities on the way (total of 6 nights). I haven't done much research and preparation, so it's largely going to be a "winging it" trip! I do know a few things we want to do for sure, but mostly we will just take it one day at a time:-).









No comments:
Post a Comment