The last couple of weeks since our vacation have been a little crazy! Life got pretty full all of a sudden. Lynsey's volleyball started on Tuesday, which means my coaching also started! So far I'm enjoying it. Nathan's Lacrosse resumed, and on Saturday Adam's horse riding lessons started. Our new couch(es? It's a sectional) got delivered Thursday which was much anticipated, since we ordered it back in November. I didn't love it at first, but it grew on my quickly and now I love it! Brian was busy all week getting the shed pad ready since we thought the shed was being delivered and assembled Thursday as well. As it turned out, the date got pushed to Monday, and then to Tuesday, but it was just as well to give him some more time to get it ready. Brian and I both got our second vaccine shots last week as well, woohoo! I was a bit lethargic the day after but it wasn't terrible. So relieved to have done my part to end the pandemic - now it's just a waiting game to see how long it takes for all the vaccinations to really curb the spread everywhere.
Another thing that happened last week is I had to get a new phone. The charging port was wearing out in my phone, so it seemed rather urgent. It was a bit of a saga - the guy told me there was a promotion on not the very newest Samsung phone but still a really good one, so I decided to get that one. Then he called me after I finished setting everything up and told me that the promotion was actually for the NEWEST model, the one that I had originally wanted! I was so annoyed because I hate setting up new phones, it's so stressful, but he wouldn't offer me the cheap price on the phone I had, plus I had originally wanted the other one, so I decided to go back and get the other one. I get to the store and what do you know - he was right the first time, the promotion was on the phone he gave me the first day, and NOT on the newest one after all>:-(. I was not impressed! Oh well, at least I didn't need to transfer everything again, but seriously. Drama that I did not need:-S.
This past Monday we had another big milestone - Lynsey went back to school! Hurray! Nathan also went to 4 days a week and the Elementary day went from ending at 12:20 to ending at 2:05. Still not a normal school day, but definitely getting very close. Nathan hardly has to do any school at home now which is fantastic. Adam is adjusting to a longer day, he's been a bit on edge this past week which we suspect may be due to yet another change in his school day, but all in all he's adjusting okay.
The kids have loved using our new shed for their own purposes, I think Adam in particular will be devastated when I start filling it up with all our junk haha! They slept in there Friday night, even though it was not a very warm night at all. They had fun, but I don't know if any of them slept all that well! Adam fell asleep on the couch the next morning, which so rarely happens that I can only conclude that he didn't have the most restful night:-/. Oh, well - they had some fun!
I just made a plan for going to Canada this summer, quarantine or no quarantine. It's such a relief to have a plan in place that will work for either scenario, I know quarantining would be hard but doing it at Brian's parents place is the best possible scenario for us. Now we just wait to see if the quarantine lifts before then - fingers crossed!

















No comments:
Post a Comment