Thursday, January 13, 2022

Are we avoiding Covid? Or is Covid avoiding us?

This might be a first for me. A blog post with no pictures at all. I do this sometimes after a season with a lot of pictures, just take a break from taking them for a while. I will have to be purposeful about taking some pictures the next little while, have to document our every day life!

What to say about January so far . . . it has been dominated by OMICRON! Will we get it? More like - WHEN will we get it? It's out there and it's going to get us at some point, I really don't understand how we've avoided catching it so far! Lynsey is doing school at home until next week (supposedly - we will see if she actually goes back next week) and one of the classes at Nathan's school has gone remote due to cases in the class. I don't know, it just seems like this heavy cloud over our heads. I know I shouldn't wish for this, but I kind of just want to get it and get it over with. We haven't been the most careful people, although we have been on top of our vaccines and boosters (Lynsey is getting her booster on Wednesday, then we will all be up to date). We will see if we can continue to avoid this plague!

I applied to the school district to be an emergency sub. They are desperate for substitutes so I decided to take the plunge! I hope I followed the right process, it was quite exhausting going through my work and volunteer history and get it all on paper. At least I have a resume and cover letter now, although I'm sure they could be better. It's kind of exciting to think about getting out there and doing something out in the real world again. A bit scary, but exciting! Hopefully I will have some kind of update on this next time I write:-).

No comments: