Sunday, December 18, 2022

One week until Christmas!

I really haven't taken any good pictures the last few weeks! I guess my words will have to tell the story of what we've been up to. December has been full as it always is, but it's been pretty manageable. Notable things: Nathan got his limo ride to Mod Pizza, his reward for his pie sales! He was pretty excited and he loved it! Very cool experience for him. We had a couple of meetings with the school about Adam, it was nice to get caught up with his teachers and get a feeling for what's happening there. He was so looking forward to this Christmas break, his ranting was at very high levels these past few weeks. His last day was Friday and even the last few days I have already noticed he is much more relaxed and not fixating on "opening presents" and "going to Calgary" quite as much. Christmas break from school was a pretty big milestone for him! Hopefully this week doesn't go by too slowly for him, we are opening presents on Christmas Eve morning so less than a week away!

I am all done with Christmas shopping and almost done with wrapping presents. Will hopefully finish up tonight. I organized a team bonding event for the volleyball team, we are decorating gingerbread houses here at our house on Wednesday. I'm a bit nervous about it but I'm sure it will all go okay. I just want them to have fun and walk away feeling a bit more comfortable with each other and with me. 

Our flight to Calgary is scheduled to take off at 12:25pm on Sunday, hopefully everything goes smoothly there. I am as always looking forward to the trip but also a bit anxious. The fact that we are also driving to La Crete is adding to the anxiety, we are just hoping for good weather. I want to be there without doing the travel to get there lol.

I will hopefully do a post on Saturday so I don't have too much catching up to do when we get back! Merry Christmas!





 

No comments: