The last few weeks have been consumed with lots of volleyball and Brian starting on the garage room (yay!). I did a team bonding event for the team and took them bowling which was a lot of fun, and we had another tournament this past Sunday where I was coaching solo for the first time. It was actually a lot harder than I thought it would be! They struggled a bit to start off and I wasn't sure what to do to help them turn around. It's pretty easy to coach when things are going well, but when you start to see girls making mistakes they don't normally make and getting a bit down on themselves, it's very tricky. We lost our first few matches in pool play (close games mind you, we took them to the third set but couldn't finish) and then won a really close on in the third set in our first game of bracket play. It was pretty crazy! Very exciting to pull that one out! We ended up playing the team we lost our first game to again, and they beat us again - in the third set 15-13. BUT we went out on a high note by beating a team we have played many times already, and lost to several times, at the end of the day. It was nice to pull out a win against them, the girls were tired and showed more will than the other team (they just really had nothing left). All in all, it was a nice way to end the day:-). I had to lead practice on my own yesterday because Sabry is really sick right now, I'm hoping he will be back on Wednesday because I am actually a bit sick myself (not as bad as him but definitely not at 100%).
Other than volleyball, what has been happening - Brian got a start on the garage! He's been plugging away for the last several weekends, getting a start on the floor and doing something with the outside door. There is a lot of foundation work that needs to be done before the work that really shows progress can be done. He's getting there. We have been doing a lot of driving with Lynsey, which has been an adventure! I think I'm getting a bit better at it, but I'm still a bit more nervous and jumpy than I should be. She has improved a lot which is helping the situation, but as she improves we take her into more difficult situations so she can keep improving. She hasn't been on a freeway yet, but I think she's ready to give at least a short stretch of freeway a try.
Brian and I had a date night in Seattle the weekend before last which was fun. We did the chocolate making class I bought for Kristy and I to do together way back in the beginning of the pandemic that only now got back up and running:-/. This past weekend we went to Seattle again to meet with Phillip and Yelena for dinner. And THIS Friday we are going to Seattle again to see Cirque du Soliel! For people that never go to Seattle, three weekends in a row is a lot lol! It will be fun to see another Cirque show, we always enjoy them.
Nathan's birthday is today! He is turning 11, crazy! His party will be on Saturday, today we will just give him his presents from us and give him his choice of dinner (and he brought cupcakes to school to celebrate with his class of course:-)). I can't believe my kids are 15, 13 and 11. Almost out of elementary school! Sometimes I can't believe we have survived this long haha.










No comments:
Post a Comment