Well, it's a bit of a sad day around here today:-(. The Oilers are out of the playoffs. It's definitely disappointing, as there was a lot of hope going into these playoffs, but Vegas was a good team and we just couldn't keep it together against them. Sad, but life goes on. Next year will be our year!:-)
It has been a very busy few weeks, phew! Both Nathan and Lynsey had volleyball (Lynsey lots more than Nathan, but Nathan had a few games as well!) and Brian went on a work trip last Tuesday, coming back Thursday evening. Lynsey and I went to Centralia for tournaments both of the last two weekends. The team did okay on the 6th-7th weekend, it was the Power League finals and the competition was tough. We didn't play our best, though. This past weekend, the Mother's Day Classic tournament, we played a LOT better! We actually won the U16 division (although to be fair, the competition wasn't quite as good as in Power League). I do think if we had played as well in the Power League finals as we did this past weekend, we would have done a lot better. I was coaching the whole weekend with the exception of a set here and there where Sabry was on a break from his 13s. There were a few rough sets, but I was really proud of how the girls bounced back and ended up winning the match. The only two matches we lost were against 18s teams, and we actually played very well against them. They were just stronger - two age groups older and hitting pretty hard. It was neat to see the girls play up to that level, I'm glad they had the opportunity to play them.
It feels weird that there's no practice this week. I'm ready for a break, but I will miss the girls and the challenge of coaching. Lynsey will try out for the U17 team for next year, and the director said they would consider me as the assistant coach but ultimately it was up to the head coach to choose their assistant. We will see how it works out! I don't even know if Lynsey will make the U17 team. I am going to sign her up for U16 tryouts as well as a back up (they are after the U17 tryouts thankfully).
Life after club volleyball and Oilers playoff hockey! As Brian's brother Mike says, we have been given the gift of time with the Oilers exit haha. The weather is going to be so warm this week (and was this past weekend, whew!) so I am hoping to get some more yard work done. Going to enjoy the sunshine! Spring is finally here properly!












No comments:
Post a Comment