Saturday, December 30, 2023

Late family Christmas!

Me again! I feel like I just spent a million hours on this blog, but I didn't want too much time to pass before I documented our family Christmas:-). On the 26th, I picked up our rib roast from Fred Meyer and we got everything else ready to have our Christmas dinner that night. It was delicious, even though our oven is malfunctioning and the yorkshire puddings didn't do too well with the temperature fluctuations:-/. Gotta love it when you have to get an appliance fixed! We gave the kids their stockings and exchanged their gifts to each other and us. The next morning they opened their gifts from us. I think everyone got some things they liked, not sure what Adam thinks of his egg chair in the garage room. I added some more pillows to it to make it a bit more comfortable, we'll see if he uses it at some point. Nathan loved his drum set and is already figuring out how to use it with the help of some Youtube videos. Lynsey got a few things she liked I think, she didn't give us many ideas (besides some gel pens which she did get) so who knows what she thought of her gifts. All in all it was a lovely Christmas! 

It's been a busy week since then. I have of course been organizing pictures and writing the blog post from our trip, now I am busy making the photo book for it using Shutterfly (oh how I miss the old Heritage Makers website!). Brian got the insulation blown into the ceiling of the garage room yesterday and today, yay! Now all that is left is the trim. We also are completely ready to get the garbage picked up, so early next week I will give a junk removal service a call and just like that I'll be parking in the garage again! Woohoo! Well, we do need to figure out what to do with the bikes before that happens:-/. We are thinking about getting a bike storage shed for the side of the house, but Nathan is really the only one who uses his bike so I'm not sure if it's necessary - we might just be able to get rid of the other bikes honestly. We will figure something out, we are soooo close to normal garage living again! 





















 

No comments: