Sunday, June 16, 2024

There's still a chance!! And one week until summer break!

Well, sadly this Cup Final has not been going the way we had hoped it would:-(. The Oilers just couldn't catch a break and despite playing pretty well, arguably better than the Panthers in two of the first three games, they ended up down in the series 3-0:-(. It was very sad, that realization that this dream was almost certainly not going to happen this time around. I would love to say that all of us handled our emotions really well but the truth is we really haven't been lol. Last week was rough for sure. HOWEVER! Yesterday, the Oilers gave us all some hope by coming out and absolutely decimating the Panthers 8-1. Of course no one is planning the parade just yet, it's still a bit climb out of that 3-0 hole, but the fact that they completely dominated that game definitely gives us hope! The trajectory at this point is in our favor, if they keep playing that well, I mean . . . I won't stop believing! Here's hoping for the miracle comeback!

The weather FINALLY perked up a bit last weekend so we got some yardwork done. So nice to finally get that checked out my to do list (although of course yardwork is never ending, at least I got sort of caught up).This week hasn't been great but apparently it is supposed to warm up again in a few days - I need some sunshine!

One fun thing I did this past week or so was book our next family vacation! We are going to Cancun again around Thanksgiving for a week! I found a resort that looks like it will work well for our family, already looking forward to a nice, relaxing time:-D.

School is only one week away from being finished, and the kids actually have Wednesday off this week due to Juneteenth so they really only have 4 days of school left. I always look forward to summer because the school routine does wear on me, but I also stare down the reality of two months of trying to get everyone outside and off screens, enjoying the weather and making the most of the summer . . . also exhausting at times. I am still hoping Lynsey will be able to find a job for the month of August, but I realize that might be tricky since it's only one month:-/. Hopefully she can find something that will be flexible for her to take more shifts in August and then just go very part time when school starts up.






 

No comments: