We are just over a week away from launching Lynsey, how is this possible! We are trying to cherish the rest of the time we have with her at home this summer, not much time left:-(. Last week on Tuesday I took Lynsey to Vancouver to the Tate McRae concert. It was a fun evening! We had a bit of drama trying to get to the venue from the hotel, apparently we are not too savvy when it comes to the Vancouver transit system:-S. It all worked out in the end. We had a nice dinner before the concert and walked over to Rogers Arena. I was a bit offended by all the Canucks paraphernalia but I suppose it's to be expected at their arena. The concert was pretty good, even the opener was pretty talented (Zara Larsson). We got a Lyft back to the hotel but that was a bit of a drama, I hate that drivers can just drop your ride whenever they want. We waited so long for someone to actually take and then keep our ride, it's really not a good system after a concert. Anyway, we got back to the hotel around 11:30, and I was glad that I had decided not to just drive home after the concert. I had waffled about that but having a hotel room was the best option.
The next morning we got some Tim Horton's for breakfast and made our way back to Seattle. It was a nice drive, good conversation and we made it back around noon. On Thursday Lynsey got her wisdom teeth out. It was pretty drama free, she hasn't had much pain at all - the worst of it for her was eating those first few days. She struggled with her mouth being frozen and and not being able to chew. She seems to have recovered just fine and even played volleyball for our rec team on Monday which was fun:-).
Yesterday I had a colonoscopy. Not something people generally look forward to, but I was anxious to get one done to just make sure everything was okay in there. The worst part of it is the prep, the procedure itself was rather painless. I had to adjust my diet starting on Sunday, and then start fasting at bedtime Wednesday night. I ate nothing solid all day Thursday (they do let you have Jello but it really doesn't feel like much) and had to start drinking the prep late afternoon. It was so much liquid, and not very tasty liquid:-/. And then I had to get up at 5:30am yesterday and drink another whole litre of the stuff, yuck. I was so glad when that cup was finally empty, it really felt like an accomplishment haha. The procedure was quick and painless as I said, they found one small polyp that they clipped and sent to the lab, apparently very common and nothing to worry about but they do test it to make sure. I'm relieved that it's over and that in all likelihood I do not have any kind of colon cancer. It sounds like they might recommend another colonoscopy in 5 years because of my family history, but five years sounds like a long ways away at this point!
Brian and I have a Counting Crows concert at Chateau St. Michelle tomorrow that I'm looking forward to! Hopefully the rain holds off!






No comments:
Post a Comment