Tuesday, March 24, 2026

Bathroom reno set to resume again, and no one under 14 in this house anymore!

Yes, it's been a whole month since my last check in. There's actually been quite a lot going on and I guess I just didn't have the wherewithall to write up a blog post. Nathan had his 14th birthday on the 28th, he had a few friends over. I can't believe my kids are 18, 16 and 14 - this feels like the true thick of teenage years right now! 

The other big things going on right now is that we are in the thick of our upstairs bathrooms being renovated! The demo is done, the new walls are up, but there was a delay with getting the permit so the last few weeks we have just been kind of sitting around waiting for the permit to come through. It is finally going to be approved today so work can resume again. I have been busy picking tiles and lights and mirrors . . . almost got it all done. Still a few things we need to actually get ordered but at least the decisions have been made which has been the hardest thing for me. I'm really looking forward to seeing it all come together!

There has been a lot of volleyball for me as well in the last month! It's been a bit of a rollercoaster, some great moments mixed in with some hard moments. I had a situation last weekend with a player that took about a week to resolve (and unfortunately one of the her parents sent me an email:-/). Thankfully, Schae (the head coach at the club) fully backed me up and wrote out a lovely response from our perspective and it seems the player is owning her part now and had a great attitude this weekend. Bullet dodged! It was a very tricky path forward if this didn't occur, so I am very grateful! Coaching is so hard sometimes, whew!

We had a bit of snow last Friday, but it was already a day off school so no snow day for the kids (much to Nathan's chagrin). Snow in March, didn't think that would happen here! 












 

No comments: