Well, a lot has happened since my last post. The Oilers will not be giving us an exciting post season this year, 2026 was not the year apparently. Injured McDavid = no chance for a cup run. Fingers crossed for next year!
Our bathrooms are ALMOST done! The counter top guys are coming tomorrow to install the counter tops, and the plumbers will come on Monday to put all the fixtures in and then we can start using the bathrooms! Yay! The shower glass will be a bit yet but we are planning to put a shower curtain up for the kids in the meantime, and our shower is so big we don't really need a water guard and will just use it until the glass comes in. It's been such a long wait, this is seriously so exciting! Our closet is fully finished so we were able to move back into that which has reduced the chaos in our bedroom by a LOT. So very excited for my first shower! Next post will have the finished product pictures on it:-).
I went to Edmonton two weekends ago to help Lynsey get moved out of her dorm and back home. I stayed with Martin and Angie and had a nice time catching up with them, it had been a while! We got her stuff into storage and it's been good to have her home again. Adam seems happy to have her back, his stress level is subsiding a bit (I think the near completion of the bathroom has really helped with that as well). She is set to start working at Farine again this weekend, hopefully she makes more good connections with co workers and enjoys her job there this summer!
What else . . . volleyball season is coming to a close, only a few more weeks to go. It's been a long season and I am ready for it to be done. We had a tournament in Centralia this past weekend and it was a bit of a roller coaster. First few games were not so good, but then we had a big team talk and played really well for our third pool play game - beat a team we had lost to three times! Yay! Unfortunately this success did not spill over into bracket day and we lost both games on Sunday:-/. Didn't play terribly, just didn't do enough to win. I wish I knew how to motivate them. I did tell them at practice on Tuesday that they play their best volleyball right after being together as a team and having a team talk, we've had two big talks this season and both times they came out and played great games. I told them for our last tournament on Memorial Day weekend I would leave it up to them to decide how much team bonding time they should have during the weekend. I can't force them to be together, that's going to have the opposite effect. I think they need to choose it and be in control of it for it to be effective. Will see how it goes.
Will try and remember to take more pictures in May! I feel like I never take pictures anymore, so sad! Here's pics of our bathrooms anyway haha.













No comments:
Post a Comment