Friday, September 18, 2026

Settling into the new school year

School has been back for almost three weeks and we are back in the swing of things. The NFL season has started up again and hockey is almost back, too! Definitely feeling like Fall, although we have had some really nice weather the last few days. Last gasp of summer.

We had some nice weather on Labor Day weekend and Brian and I took Adam to Golden Gardens beach in Seattle on Sunday. It is actually a pretty nice beach! The sand is a bit dirty (Adam's hands were pretty dirty) but as far as beaches in Seattle it was pretty darn nice. Other than that we haven't been doing too much, just going about our daily routines. I got my chair and some accessories for my reading corner, it's been quite nice to have a place to sit in that front room! I am trying to make myself read more now that I have this nice reading corner, nice excuse to start reading again.

Nothing else really to report, Lynsey is settling in well in her second year of University. Canadian Thanksgiving will be here before we know it and we will see her again in Calgary which will be nice. Adam has settled in really well this year, last year he had a pretty rough start to the year but it seems to be much smoother this year. He is less stressed about Lynsey leaving this year than he was last year, I guess he is getting used to the fact that she won't be at home full time anymore. Nathan is doing well in 9th grade, he seems to be adjusting just fine to the big school. No big news to report anywhere, which is probably a good thing!







 

No comments: