Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Saying goodbye to baby Ty

It's been a while since I've posted, and there is a good reason for that. We've had another family tragedy, another funeral. Joyce's wee boy Ty was born on Saturday, November 24, and passed away a few hours later. His lungs just weren't developed enough to survive. We've known that this was the likely outcome for some time, but I did not face the reality of that until last week. I kept thinking that this would turn out differently, that God would choose to heal this precious little boy and spare Joyce and John the heartache of losing him. Unfortunately, that is not what happened. It was a really sad week, but I was amazed at how strong Joyce is - this is my little sister, and I can't imagine that I would have been as strong as her if this had happened to me. God never makes us go through anything we can't endure, and I guess He knew that I would not have been able to handle it. I'm sorry that Lynsey will never have a chance to play with her cousin, but I thank God for Joyce and John's faith and what a testament it has been to me.

Time with Lynsey has at times been really fun and rewarding, and at times been very frustrating. She did really well on the drive to La Crete, which was great, but she certainly had her fussy times while we were there. Luckily she has lots of aunts that know how to deal with fussy babies and I learned a lot this trip! I'm still such a rookie and can use all the help I can get! She started smiling "on purpose" while we were there - my mom in particular seemed to be able to get her grinning away:). She's definitely become more aware of us and looks at us for long periods of time sometimes - it's like she's sizing us up or something. She is growing up so fast - she's not even considered a newborn anymore! Sometimes I think she thinks she's older than she is - she is NOT too old to have naps but try telling her that some days!

Here are some pictures we've taken over the last few weeks.

No comments: