I can't believe Lynsey will be 6 weeks old tomorrow. I'm sure most people would say the time just flew by, and at times it has felt like that, but there have also been times when it hasn't. She's cried a lot at times, making the time sort of stand still, but she always seems to make up for it with a smile or other cute moment. Apparently crying peaks at 6 weeks, so I'm hoping that her happy times will increase over the next while and that we've seen the worst. I know she's not as bad as a lot of babies and for that I am very thankful - just remind me of that when she's screaming her head off and I don't know what's wrong with her! I was watching Oprah the other day and she had a lady on her show that claimed to be able to understand baby language - very interesting. I have tried to listen to Lynsey's cries to find out what sound she's making (thus telling me what is wrong with her) and I'd say I've had some success, but not really the breakthrough I was hoping for. I do think she's on to something, but it's just hard for me to hear the different sounds like she can. We're leaving Lynsey with a babysitter for the first time tomorrow night while we go to the BDR Christmas party so we'll see how that goes! Speaking of BDR, a few of my old coworkers came by on Wednesday to visit - Lynsey is pretty special to them because they were there with me from the very start to finish of my pregnancy and heard daily about how things were going with her.
No comments:
Post a Comment