Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Lynsey = Happy Parents!

Well, in the last ten days or so since my last post, Lynsey has been gradually getting better at sitting, as well as starting to move more when she's on her tummy. She also tried watermelon and really liked it - I wasn't sure how she would handle the texture but she was just chewing away and then opening her mouth for more! I also started feeding her a bottle of formula at night instead of a breast-feeding, and I think it's helping her sleep a bit longer at night. She has slept in until 8am three or four days in the last week which is great:). She likes the bottle and I really like giving it to her - I feel like we can bond just as much when I'm bottle-feeding her. I'm still breast-feeding her during the day for now, but I think I'm slowly going to be weaning her over the next month or so. She is naturally weaning, I think. Overall, she the most content that she's been since she was born so I am really enjoying her! We went to the mall on Saturday and she was so good - just sat in the stroller and hung out. So nice! She is pretty much on a schedule that sort of happened naturally as well - I never scheduled her when she was a newborn, but we've kind of fallen into a routine that really seems to be working for her. Still no teeth so we'll see what teething does to her schedule!

The carpet went in in the basement on Thursday and I was frantically cleaning the house on Friday to get ready for our guests this weekend! It is so nice to live in a clean house again - and to have that space in the basement is awesome. We still have a lot of organizing to do down there, but I'm sort of looking forward to that part. The finisher is coming this week to take a look and give us an estimate, and it sounded like he could come and do it next week maybe. We had 4 adults and one baby over for the weekend - they were down for the Calgary Hoop-it-up tournament. Unfortunately, the weather was really terrible so they only played on Sunday and it was still really rainy and cold. It was a fun weekend, though - Lynsey enjoyed checking out little Lucy:).








No comments: