Sunday, May 11, 2008

Finally a Mom on Mother's Day

I got my first Mother's Day present "from Lynsey" this morning - very cute:). Weird that I'm a mom now! This week has been a bit hectic - the push to get the basement done has been a bit of a drain, especially on Brian, who has been doing the majority of the work. We were both up until 3:30am on Tuesday night getting ready for drywall - didn't realize how long the "odds and ends" would take! We got it done and the drywallers were in on Wednesday - tapers in on Monday. It's so exciting to think that in just a few weeks we're going to have a finished basement!

New with Lynsey this week is that I took her swimming! She LOVED it! We went on Monday morning for the first time and it took her about 10 minutes to warm up to the idea (as it does in the bathtub sometimes) but once she did, her legs didn't stop for an hour. I've never seen her so excited! It was very cute. One day soon when Brian comes along we will get some pics and video and post them - she really is so cute in the water. We started swimming lessons on Thursday, too - she liked them at the start, but then the instructor helped her down the slide and then the fun was over:(. I think she's a bit of a scaredy-cat - have NO idea where she could have got that from! I'm going to take her a few times a week from now on because it's cheap on Mom and Tot days, and she wears herself out so much she sleeps great in the afternoon:). Oh and of course because she just loves it!


No comments: