Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Some more walking

So Lynsey has become a bit braver in the last few weeks. On Saturday, I was playing softball for Corporate Challenge and Lynsey and Brian were watching. There was a chainlink fence that she was hanging on to, and a few times she just walked away from it - out of the blue! There is a really short, somewhat choppy video at the bottom of the post - she had walked 5 or 6 steps away from the fence and Brian ran to get the camera while she was standing there, and managed to catch a few more before she fell. Now, some might think this means she's walking now, but that is not the case. She has become braver with standing over the last few days especially, so she is making some progress, but she is by no means walking. She clearly can when she wants to, but for whatever reason has decided to take her time.

As I mentioned before, I played in Corporate Challenge for BDR last week and what a wake up call! I am so very out of shape it's shameful. I have decided to become active again. I'm going to play volleyball in a league this fall and I'm going to start swimming again at least once a week. I used to be so harsh on people that would really let themselves go once they had kids, but I can totally see how it could happen. It just won't happen to me - not if I can help it!









No comments: