Adam started grabbing one of the hanging toys in his gym yesterday! He's still not very interested in toys or jumping in the jolly jumper, but I can see a steady improvement. He shows no sign of rolling over, but he is very strong, has been from the beginning. It will be interesting to see how quickly things will progress once he becomes more interested in moving around. We took him swimming this morning! He really liked it! He didn't flail around like Lynsey did the first time I took her, but I could tell he liked it. He is also a bit younger than Lynsey was, to be fair.
Lynsey is now 2 and a half, and we have officially been potty training her for 2 months now. Every time I think we're out of the woods, she regresses a bit, causing a bit of discouragement. I never in a million years would have thought it would take her this long to catch on - how can she not JUST GET IT ALREADY! We are 99% sure she is peeing in her pullup after she wakes up in the morning, which is a bit discouraging, but not my biggest issue right now. She still just doesn't seem to recognize the need to pee until it is almost too late, so if we don't take her regularly, she is still quite likely to have accidents. Some days she pees voluntarily whenever she feels like it, but some days we have to force her to go after 4 hours. Oh, the joys of parenting a toddler! I am surprisingly becoming less stressed about it as time goes on, which I think is a step in the right direction - the last thing she needs is to see how much it bothers me that she still doesn't have this thing nailed. I have just released it to God at this point - I was doing a terrible job of handling it, so He can take it from here:).







No comments:
Post a Comment