She is saying a lot of interesting things now. Of course, I can't remember them all now that I'm actually writing them down (I knew I should keep track of them as she was saying them!), but here are a few of the sorts of things she says now:
"I peed in my pants. That's hilarious." (She has definitely never heard me say that!)
"Mommy, can I drive?"
(Upon seeing her new doctor's kit) "Oh, I can't believe it!"
"No, let Daddy deal with me."
"Yep, I'm on it."
There are most things that I wanted to remember, but I just can't right now. I have to mention what she did the other day during her quiet time. She was wearing panties and when I walked into her room, something really smelled bad. I was immediately suspicious, so I checked the potty in her room - empty. She was still wearing her panties and they were clean. I asked her if she had pooped and she affirmed that yes, she had. I asked her where and she said, "In my toybox". I had a sinking feeling as I checked her toybox - there was a diaper in there, perfectly sealed up with the velcro straps. I opened it up and it was full of poop. She had taken off her panties, put on her diaper, pooped, and taken that diaper off. She sealed it up like she has seen me do, put it in her toybox, and put her panties back on. Can that even be remotely considered "an accident"??
Because of her not napping anymore, she has on a few occasions fallen asleep in weird places. She fell asleep in her plush chair in front of the TV the other day. One night when we went to check on her before going to bed, she had fallen asleep sitting in her toybox. Her bears were sleeping in her bed, so what choice did she have??:)
She often is brave in wanting to try new things, but when it comes to actually doing them, she can be quite timid. For example, we've been to a few pancake breakfasts where they had pony rides, bouncy castles, fire trucks, etc. We waited in line for quite a while for a pony ride on Sunday, all the while super excited about the horses, until we got to the front of the line. As soon as the guy tried putting the helmet on her, it was all over. She did not jump at all in the bouncy castle, although with some coaxing she did climb up the wall. She claimed to want to sit in the front of the fire truck, but as soon as I put on her on the seat, she just looked down and wouldn't put her hands on the steering wheel or anything. It's interesting because in some situations, she is such a leader! The other day we were at a park with my Mom's group, and she was swinging on the swing singing "Jesus Loves Me" at the top of her lungs, urging everyone to join her: "Come on everybody - let's sing!". She is most definitely her own person, and is taking some leadership in the whole potty training debacle (it's a good thing, too - someone other than me needs to be in charge of this). I will do a post in a while talking more about the specifics, but I will say that the times where we've had potty success, it was because she was leading the way, going by herself. I am finding this paradox in her personality interesting - at times hesitant, but a strong leader at times as well. She is special alright!
I shouldn't have bragged about Adam's sleeping being basically under control - he has been getting up at 6am the last few days! And he's awake for the day at that time! I am not giving up on trying to get him to sleep until 7am - I do not need an early riser in my household. He's been doing pretty well during the night and still goes to bed early, but I am determined to "make" him sleep 11 - 12 hours per night. All you people out there with early risers go ahead and laugh at me now - I am not giving up!
It was my 31st birthday yesterday. We went out for dinner and did some shopping after - it was a nice break. As usual I didn't make a big deal about my birthday, but it was nice to get a little extra attention:).

















No comments:
Post a Comment