Saturday, November 27, 2010

Royal Birthday Celebration for Lynsey, and Adam starts walking!!

Last Saturday, we had a joint birthday party for Lynsey and three of her friends from my Mom's group. We got a bouncy castle, made some cookies and crowns, and had a great time:). I loved doing the joint party - as if any parties that I plan on my own will have any kind of craft! It was a lot of fun, and I was glad Lynsey got to celebrate with some of her little friends:).

The biggest news of this week is the progress in Adam's walking! He made a lot of progress on Monday and he hasn't looked back (I'm calling Monday his official First Steps, even though he's taken a lot of steps already - he walked really far and wasn't falling into anything or anyone!). He still prefers for us to hold his hand, but every day we notice he gets more and more confident. Today, he was letting go of my hand further and further away from places that he was going to, and walking there all by himself. He is still not at the point where I can just put him down and he toddles away, but he no longer acts like the world is coming to an end when we do make him walk a ways:). He loves doors, and is always trying to close them, but when they do close, he gets upset because he wants to open them. He is experimenting more and more with his independence - finally, he can get around!

My little baby is growing up!


















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The picture of you and Lynsey doing Yoga together is absolutely priceless! :)

- Lari