Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Teething, My girly-girl:)

Well, we've had a few rough days with Adam lately. He's actually cutting some molars now (so far only one half of one is through, but he's definitely still working on them) and it has not been pretty. Last Monday, we decided to try taking away his morning nap because he didn't seem very tired anymore, but on Friday, he started napping in the morning again. He actually did okay for the 4 days that he was down to one nap, but suddenly on Friday he just crashed and needed to sleep more again. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with him feeling under the weather because of teething, and he's been coughing a bit at night again. Last Friday (the day he crashed and needed a little nap in the morning) I went to Mom's group right after his nap thinking, he had a little snooze, he'll be okay. He was not okay. He screamed about three quarters of the time. It was awful. I don't know what was wrong with him, but he was fine after lunch so maybe he was just in a bit of pain. Just when you think a kid is getting easier! Adam, my child that I just can't figure out.

Lynsey has been discovering her girly side in the last few weeks:). She's wetting her hair with a spray bottle and combing it, and talks about "going to the ball" all the time. Today, she set up a hair salon in her room while I was blissfully unaware downstairs, and decided that her teddy bears needed some hairspray to complete their styles. We have since talked and she has agreed that she has to ask if she wants to take something out of Mommy and Daddy's room. We'll see if this actually happens!

I signed up to run a 6k race in Canmore in May! I'm so excited! I got myself a GPS watch so I can keep track of my training - my goal is to run the 6k in 35 minutes. I think it should be doable, but we'll see how I progress. I might be amending that goal in the future! I ran outside a few times last week and it felt really good - I like my elliptical, but it's nice to switch it up.

I noticed as I was looking through these pictures that Lynsey is wearing pajamas in all of them, except for the ones by the snowman (and that's only because I told her she had to get dressed to go outside). I cannot keep clothes on my child! Half the time she's in pajamas, the other half of the time, she's running around in her panties. I'm assuming this is just a phase, but I guess we'll see as she grows up!















No comments: