Well, we had our first experience with Lynsey cutting her own hair last week:(. It was devastating to me. I came out of the shower and she was leaning over the garbage in the kids' bathroom, and the first thing I saw was the hair in the garbage - so much hair. She looked up all happy and showed me the scissors (the nice hair scissors which we trustingly had in her reach - I never would have thought she would do something like this). I literally fell to my knees and cried "NOOO" several times - kind of like they do in the movies when something tragic happens.
I kept saying "No!" over and over and I was bawling and it didn't take Lynsey long to realize that something was horribly wrong and she started crying, too. I thought it was really bad at the time, but when I took her to Beaners to get it fixed, she layered all her hair and it actually didn't turn out that badly. She had just cut a bunch of hair in the front really short which still looks a bit funny, but when she has a clip in, her hair actually looks just fine.
I realize now that I totally overreacted, but I was seeing visions of having to cut her hair boy-short and she's a flower girl in less than a month! Everything is okay now and my heart is off the floor and back in my chest:).In other Lynsey news, she got her cavities filled on Friday and did great! They weren't too deep so they used these white plastic fillings so you can't even see them. She was under General Anesthesia and came out fine, thank goodness:). What a little trooper!
I think I mentioned this once a long time ago, but I feel it's worth repeating - my little buddy Adam is obsessed with doors. Closing them, getting mad when they close so we have to open them, closing them again and getting mad again . . . and so on it goes. Again I am struck by his one track mind. Yesterday at the play area in the mall, he climbed up and down this little flight of stairs up to a slide for a good twenty minutes - over and over. This morning in the pool he sat there in the shallow water literally just watching what was going on around him for at least twenty minutes. Later on when I sat in the same spot again, he did get up and start walking around in the shallow water, sitting down and getting up every ten to fifteen seconds or so. What a kid - still can't figure him out!
We just got back from talking to our future neighbours about putting the fence up - what a load off our minds! One of them wasn't home so we left them a note, but the other two seemed nice, and agreeable to hire it our which is nice. This week has been busy with trying to book everything - A/C, deck, fence, cement. So much to get done this summer! It's all coming together, though, which is nice:).










No comments:
Post a Comment