Sunday, June 26, 2011

Summer fun, packing begins . . .

We have officially started packing. It's only something like 10 boxes, but it's a start. I'm pretty sure I'll start feeling the time pressure that I need pretty soon, and the progress will pick up. We talked to the last of our neighbours about the fence today - everything seems to be a go (although there was a severe language barrier! They seem really nice, though:)). The sellers of the house are being really difficult and not responding to our requests to get in and measure for blinds. I'm annoyed about that because it's July and I don't want to be without window coverings (and air conditioning) for weeks because they can't be bothered to fulfill our purchase contract (which clearly states we can get in twice before possession). They have been so difficult to work with from the start - less than two weeks and we won't have to deal with them anymore!

Adam now gives me kisses when I ask him:). They are quite open-mouthed, but he is definitely purposefully showing affection and I love it! He was really sad in the church nursery today for some reason. I don't know if it's his eye teeth (working on the third one at the moment) or if it's just increased separation anxiety, but there were a lot of tears today.

We've had a lot of fun days the last few weeks! We've finally had some summer weather (over 20 degrees once or twice!) and we've taken full advantage - zoo, wading pools, and yesterday we went to Calaway Park! We were there for 5 and a half hours, and Lynsey was still disappointed when it was time to go! Adam did really well - even had a little nap in the stroller, which shocked me! He pretty much just sat in the stroller and munched on popcorn all day (I think this is the life for him!). He went on a few rides with us, but he didn't seem to care that much about them. There were a few smiles and even a few giggles, but all in all, this day was for Lynsey:).























No comments: