Thursday, July 7, 2011

'Twas the night before moving day

And just why am I not frantically packing you all ask? Well, maybe I should be, but the movers aren't coming until noon tomorrow so I think we'll be okay to finish up in the morning. I'm sure it will surprise us how much we have left to do, but the truth is we have a whole week to clear out of this house completely, so while we have movers coming tomorrow and would like to get mostly everything out, it's not the end of the world if some stuff doesn't get done. I'm pretty nervous about how everything will go tomorrow. It's our first time hiring movers so I'm hoping it all goes smoothly. I imagine since they do this for a living it will be smoother than if we were to do it ourselves, but I have some anxiety about it. I am so sick of packing and I'm ready to start UNPACKING! I'll get my chance soon enough:).

We had a great long weekend! Lynsey and I went to a Canada Day parade in Airdrie on Friday morning which was kind of fun, and off to Three Hills in the afternoon for Kyle and Jenna's wedding rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. Lynsey was all over her flower girl duties:). Unfortunately, on Saturday morning, she was a little less all over them:(. She was a bit pouty while I was trying to do her hair (quite amateurishly, but it ended up looking pretty cute!) and it took a lot of convincing to get her down the aisle. She did eventually get going and did a great job of dropping her flower petals! She was a bit slow so the ring bearer ended up passing her near the end, but it was all really cute:). It was an early wedding, over by mid-afternoon, so we had a family barbeque at Liz and Dave's after, followed by some beach volleyball (always a good time!). It was a wonderful day! On Sunday, we went for lunch with Brian's parents, Mike and Andrea (his new fiance!) and Andrea's parents. A full weekend for us! A lot of fun, though:).

It has been very hot this week, making me extraordinarily thankful for air conditioning. We don't get A/C in our new house until the 20th, so hopefully it stays a bit cooler than this one does! This time tomorrow we will be in our new house. I can't really believe it. Here's hoping tomorrow goes well!





























No comments: