Lynsey fell asleep in the rental car and basically slept until we got to Vancouver - very nice for all of us! Adam did not fall asleep in the rental car. He melted down in the airport - the kind of meltdown that I had nightmares about. We were in the security line and he was just screaming - and they still didn't rush us to the front of the line! We got through security okay (Lynsey stayed asleep through the whole ruckus somehow!) and I gave him a bit of Gravol - I was pretty desperate. He fell asleep after some walking with the stroller, and then he slept until Vancouver as well (Praise the Lord!). Brian and I did not sleep so well - Brian thinks he might have slept an hour or two, but I dozed for 20 minutes at most. Got to Vancouver at 7am their time, and the flight from Vancouver to Calgary was okay. Adam was a bit restless, but it was only an hour long, so we survived! It was nice to be home again:). All in all, a wonderful vacation, and I don't regret bringing the kids at all, despite a few hitches along the way!
We were home for a few days, and then on Thursday headed off to Edmonton for Mike's wedding! It was a beautiful wedding, although Adam did not do well during the ceremony:(. Brian's Mom had arranged for some babysitting during the ceremony in one of the hotel rooms, but I knew he would just hate it there and honestly thought he would do alright with me in the ceremony. Well, we walked in to the ceremony room (which was small and very loud as people were visiting before the wedding) and it didn't take long for him to be completely done there. Snacks didn't do it, holding him wouldn't help, singing to him wasn't working, he wanted out and that was that. I was outside the room with him for the entire ceremony. He was perfectly happy to stomp away on the dance floor in the reception room and climb up and down the stairs in the lobby. It was pretty disappointing for me:(. I almost wished I had put him in the babysitting, although I know he would have been a lot more miserable (and so would the poor babysitters!) - it would have been a purely selfish maneuver, but part of me still wished I had done it! The family pictures did not go too well either - he screamed the entire time. It was a frustrating experience. I felt so disappointed because he's rarely like that, and of course he's like that when we really need him NOT to be! Oh, well - such is life with an almost two year old!
The wedding babysitters came to Brian's parents' place to babysit our kids and Bobbi and Jer's kids for the reception - how wonderful that was! I was able to enjoy some time between the ceremony and reception visiting with family and friends, and was able to enjoy the reception SOO much more than the ceremony! The food was great, the dance was fun - they had salsa dancing lessons, which was really fun! A good night all in all:).
Now we are back home and I'm kind of happy to get back into a routine again! Brian and I are going to Banff this weekend for one night for his Christmas party which should be really nice - I know we just got back from vacation, but Brian and I could use a night alone together! Sooo thankful for my friends Coraleah and Larissa that are coming to babysit for the night - you guys rock!:)























No comments:
Post a Comment