Our time in Edmonton was a lot of fun! We had our family Christmas dinner on Saturday night and then just rested for a couple of days until the Penner Christmas on the 27th. It was very relaxing. We left for Calgary on the 28th but stopped in to see Mary and Dave, and then Gert for a bit in Three Hills on the way home. Saturday (New Year's Eve) was our last Christmas gathering day - we went to the church for a lunch potluck with my mom's group friends, and then off we went to Three Hills to have Christmas with my southern Alberta family AND to celebrate Adam's second birthday. Another great day!
Now the gatherings are done and it's time to get back to normal life. Brian has started wiring the basement, and we bought a bed for Lynsey this weekend as well. Adam had a few naps in beds over the holidays so I think he's ready to move on over to her toddler bed. Her bed won't be here for a few weeks so we have some time to figure out how to transition him - here's hoping it's as smooth as Lynsey's transition was!
A lot of family commented over Christmas how much Adam has come out of his shell and become a lot more engaged with the people around him. I knew it was happening as well, but it was nice to hear other people commenting on it, since he is often very withdrawn in crowds. He definitely has turned a bit of a corner in the last month or so, even at home with Lynsey - she plays Ring Around the Rosie with him and he loves it! So cute! I guess her persistence has paid off and she finally has at least a part time play mate:). I'm hoping that this play just continues to increase as baby time draws close - I can't believe I'm 32 weeks tomorrow. Change is coming!
No comments:
Post a Comment