Nathan is becoming such a wiggly little guy! When we put him on his stomach, he wiggles and fights to get his knees and feet under him and then pushes himself forward, even moving a few inches now and again:). He's generally such a happy guy, although the night sleeping has not been fantastic lately. He often wakes up needing his soother and a little pat on the back (or a bit of hand-holding!) and then goes back to sleep. He has been eating twice at night consistently, although the last two nights have only been once, so fingers crossed! I'm getting ready to try him on cereal in a week or so, so we'll see how he likes that. He still has never slept through the night without waking up at all, so I am anxiously awaiting this day.
Adam's tantrums seem to be getting a bit better, but he has started throwing things down the stairs with a lot more regularity. It's something he's done periodically for a while, but the last little while, it's been a lot more often, and a lot of times he's not even mad when he does it. The other day, I had given him a full Iced Capp from Tim Hortons while he was in the garage and quickly came in to do something. It was not even a minute later, and he had made his way in from the garage, gone upstairs and chucked that Iced Capp down the stairs. I was so incredibly angry! On some level I know that yelling at him will not help, and yet my first reaction is for him to see how angry it makes us when he does this kind of thing! Surely kids see us angry and think they should not do this anymore, right?? I know, it doesn't work that way:(. It most certainly hasn't been helping in this situation, and he's doing it more and more often with all kinds of items. I realize that it's quite possible he's trying to get attention, but how can you not pay attention when his ride-on train comes sailing down the stairs?? Or is he just curious to see what will happen when he throws something?? He IS a boy, that's just the kind of crazy thing a boy would do! In any case, we are trying hard to think of ways to stop this - maybe giving him a box of soft balls on the top of the stairs and showing him that it's okay to throw THESE things . . . perhaps we can save our hardwood floor at the bottom of the stairs?? Might be worth a try!
On a more positive not, Adam loves to make us laugh:). If he says or does something and we laugh, you can bet he'll say it again. Such a funny guy!
Have to tell a little Lynsey story now:). The other day, there was a fly in the house so I had the door open, trying to shoo the fly out the door. She says to me, "But Mom, won't leaving the door open just mean another fly will come in?". Hate it when she's smarter than I am lol!:)
No comments:
Post a Comment