Well, things have changed a lot in the last few weeks! Adam is doing really well in preschool - every day he seems to be adjusting better. That first day (the day I blogged about) was an exhausting day for him. He came home and just lay on the floor - hardly moved. I could tell he was thoroughly spent. The preschool teachers are telling us that he is now occasionally joining them for a few minutes of circletime, which is something I thought would take months! He loves the bus and has no problem at all getting on - this helps me feel a lot better about sending him off to school every day. Today he was talking about "washing hands before snack" and he was singing "Good job Adam" in a tune that we never sing to him in. So he is picking things up from preschool, I'm just hoping that one day soon he will actually tell us about his day when we ask! Who knows how far away that is:).
Lynsey had her first school dance yesterday! She was so excited about it, there was no way we were going to get out of going:). I went alone with her and she had so much fun! She was dancing up a storm! It was great to see her be so confident and just let go and have fun. I hope and pray she never loses that, that she doesn't start caring too much about what other people think. She is an independent girl for sure!
I have to tell a story of something that happened about three weeks ago (I forgot to mention it in my last post). We were at Market Mall having lunch in the food court, when out of the blue, Lynsey blurts out, "I've noticed that some people have really big bums." It was so matter-of-fact - we were stunned! I reacted immediately telling her she shouldn't say that, it was rude, but Brian was much more composed and didn't over react - after all, she was merely making an observation. She didn't think it was rude! He explained to her how people come in all shapes and sizes and that it wasn't polite to point it out when someone was a bit bigger. She just shrugs and says, "Maybe I'll have a big bum when I'm older." Well, Lynsey, based on your physique now, that is looking highly unlikely! I hope so for your sake, anyway:).
Nathan has been teething and had a cold and hasn't been the best sleeper lately. His nights are still okay, but the napping is horrendous! It is so frustrating! He never used to cry when it was time to go to sleep, but he's started doing that now, and he sometimes wakes up after only 20 minutes! I am hoping desperately that he outgrows this phase. He is STILL not crawling, although his army crawl has gotten much better and he gets around a lot quicker now! You have to watch what is in his vicinity now because he can get to where he wants to go!
I want to do an update on my weight loss - PRE-PREGNANCY, BABY!!:) I was stuck at this one weight (about 6 pounds over pre-pregnancy) for a loonnnggg time, but I kept working out and not giving up. A few weeks ago, I lost about 3 more pounds, so I had 3 to go before we went to La Crete. I thought for sure I would have gained while we were in La Crete, but I stayed the same. Things got really busy with Adam in preschool and managing a new schedule, so I let working out fall by the wayside a bit. What happens? I lose the last 3 pounds (and then another one - most mornings I am a pound under pre-pregnancy now!). Moral of the story? Stop working out and you'll lose weight haha!:) I know that's not really true, and I'm annoyed at myself for not being as regular lately as I really notice how much harder it is when I do it every 4 or 5 days instead of every 2 to 3 days. I will get back on track, I am just less motivated now that I've reached my goal weight. Maybe I can just lessen the intensity and make it more fun, thus making me dread it less:).

No comments:
Post a Comment