Adam is still having a lot of trouble at bedtime these days. I am sitting outside their bedroom door as I write this. He seems to be okay with me just being outside his door for now, which is already an improvement over how he's been (I am hoping it will get back to the point where I can just say good night and leave, but we're working back to that!). He looks under the door so if you ever try to sneak away, it's bad news. We are really working on turn taking with him, and he is getting better and saying, "my turn" with certain games. Today, his aide Samantha was taking turns with him on the slide and by the end when she was at the top and asked him whose turn it was, he said, "Samantha's turn" so that was great to hear! I so long to have a back and forth conversation with him that isn't at all prompted, just spontaneous conversation. Praying for it every day, it's only a matter of time:). Starting to look ahead to potty training this summer - petrified, but determined! I am trying to have a plan in place as a starting point, but I really just have no idea how it will go. Oh please let me be shocked at how easy it is! Wouldn't that be the nicest surprise ever!
Nathan is saying some more words now:). You can now say, "ready, set . . . " and then he says, "go!". Also he is starting to say "mo" for more a bit more consistently. His "that" is becoming very specific - he seems to know what he wants now! He will point and something and say "that" and it's pretty hard to distract him with something else! Such a smiley, cute little boy! His napping is getting better, too. He still has morning naps sometimes, but he can make it through most mornings now and has had several 2 hour plus naps lately. He cut his first eye tooth last week, too! There is another one almost through, so we are soo close to being done with teething! I can't tell you how exciting that is for me.
Lynsey is becoming a better reader every day! It's great to hear her try and sound words out, and every home reading book she brings home, she does better than the day before (and some of them are pretty hard books, too!). She's just getting so grown up! We've still had some issues with her emotional outbursts, but I feel like it's simmering down a bit, like the time of testing is coming to a close. Thank goodness, because that was ridiculous.
No comments:
Post a Comment