Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Starting to feel like home

Wow, one whole picture to upload this post. I have apparently not been taking my camera out much! Must fix that over the next few weeks. Just a sign of how our life has changed, with both Adam and Lynsey in school so much.

Adam continues to love his preschool, and they are noting progress in a few different activities already which is good. I love to see the smile that spreads across his face when he sees his teachers:). And it seems as though the feeling is mutual! We met with Ann, the Program Director, last week, and she gave us their vision for him and a rough plan for the things they are going to work on with him. I have a feeling of complete confidence in the direction they are taking him. They seem to have good insight into where he's at and what he needs to do to gain the skills he needs. It's still a bit early, but my initial feeling about where he is is very positive! I can't help but feel like God really led us to RSA.

I love watching Lynsey's reading, writing and math skills improve week to week. She gets some homework Monday-Thursday, and she doesn't seem to mind doing it which is good. She is becoming really good friends with neighbor girl Ariana, and I am becoming better friends with her mom, too! We went to their church as a family last week, and it worked pretty well! Adam got a bit upset towards the end with a room change, but they handled it and didn't call us which was great. I feel pretty confident that we will be able to make a home there at that church! The pastor talks a bit more about football than we're used to, but welcome to America!:)

I think Nathan is on the verge of a word explosion. He imitates lots of words we say now, and I've even heard him put a few words together now and then. It might still be a few more months, but I think it's coming! I'm taking him to a hair dresser on Thursday and I think I might chop his mop off. A bit sad about losing the baby hair, but it might be time!

We are starting to put the final pieces together of our move! Of course, we've had a few hiccups along the way (does anything with Canada Revenue ever get done on the first phone call??) but the vehicles are pretty much taken care of! The car is coming today, YAY!!! The van is imported and registered (that was an interesting adventure, finding the border agency office in the industrial area of Seattle. Thank you GPS for saving me from a complete panic attack! Having said that, telling me to make a u-turn on the bridge might not be the best advice!). Registering the car should be a simple process since the shipping company already completed the import. I can't tell you how much we have missed that second car! Brian is going to get on a waiting list for a parking spot ASAP and start driving to work. If it turns out it doesn't save much time, we will re-evaluate, but at the very least he can drive to the park n ride. Insurance is switched over as of this week. Starting to blend in with the locals more and more! Now if I could just stop saying "sorry" all the time so people can't pick me out so easily as a Canadian:).


No comments: