Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Here we go again!

Potty training take 2!

Nathan has been showing more and more signs that he might be ready for potty training lately, and on Sunday when he woke up from his nap dry, I impulsively decided to give it another try. He has been doing so well! He likes it when we put Cheerios in the potty, but not because he is standing up and trying to hit them with his pee. Nope, he sits down and pees on them! I'm not really sure if this is confusing him about what is acceptable to do with your food, but I am just doing what works! He hasn't actually asked for Cheerios since this morning and he's peed in the potty several times, so maybe the novelty is wearing off a bit. He has started resisting a little bit more today (this was about the day on my last attempt where he started resisting) but this time I am powering through. He's way more ready this time, has been dry after his nap for 4 days in a row . . . it's time! Now to try and catch him when he needs to poop . . . this is always the most fun part of potty training! Fingers crossed that part doesn't take too long!

School has been going for a week and a half and it's been really good to get back into routine! Lynsey likes her teacher a lot, apparently he's pretty funny so she likes that:). This will be his 28th year of teaching - at the same school! I think that's pretty cool, you don't hear of teachers spending their entire careers at one school. He's pretty invested in the community! Adam is getting back into the swing of things as well. It's been a bit tough to get onto the earlier schedule that means we don't have to wake them up in the morning and then subsequently rush to get out the door, but we're getting there.

I joined a gym last week! I'm so excited! It's been great so far, I'm trying a variety of classes and equipment and going swimming etc. I was starting to really fizzle with the running and the elliptical, so the change up has been really good. The child care is really good and there's just a monthly fee of $20 to put Nathan in as often as I want which is really great! I am going to try for 4 times a week, we'll see how it goes:). Trying a spin class tomorrow for the first time! Looking forward to it!

I feel like there was more to update, but I can't think of anything else right now. We're just getting back into the swing of life in September! Lynsey started gymnastics on Monday and I know she will do great! I'm glad she picked gymnastics over dance, I think it will help her development more all-around skills that will help her in many sports.

No comments: