Since my last post, Adam has worn a Halloween costume and we celebrated 7 years of being parents:). Not sure which one is more remarkable! Halloween was fun, and it was so nice to see Adam participate a little bit! He wore his costume at school and for the brief time he spent trick or treating! He didn't make it too far trick or treating, he just couldn't understand that we weren't going into all these houses (how strange it must have been for him, not understanding social conventions - I don't blame him for being confused!). Brian took him home and Nathan, Lynsey and I carried on with some friends of ours. Nathan had fun but he got tired after a while so I had to carry him to houses (and then eventually he just stayed in the stroller). All in all a fun night, and we got so lucky with the weather! It had been raining cats and dogs earlier in the day, and it was dry for a short time in the afternoon and early evening, and started pouring again after we got home! Phewf, close one!
Nathan is cracking me up these days! He loves to sing along to songs, but he's always just a tiny bit behind:). He is doing really well with potty training and I can't help but feel we are only days or maybe a few weeks away from him catching on to poop - he pooped in the bathroom again today. His awareness is increasing! Adam has been home the last few days with a cold and it's been difficult - some days, I find the strain of not being able to communicate with him almost unbearable. It didn't help that I did something to my back as I was trying to deal with him in a meltdown today, talk about adding insult to injury (or another injury to injury??). There are days when it just doesn't seem to be getting any easier, but there are also days when it does, so I should just focus on those days!
We had a really nice weekend in Vancouver this past weekend! The drive there was not so great, we had the very unfortunate circumstance of being stuck in a 6 mile backup because of an accident - after being on the road for an hour and a half, we were just past Everett. Seriously depressing. The border wait wasn't too bad, about 15 minutes, but then we got to Vancouver and we got stuck in ANOTHER backup because of an accident!! Luckily this one wasn't too bad, only about a 25 minute delay, but at that point we had been on the road for almost 4 hours (Lynsey and Nathan had been in the van even longer because we drove down to pick up Adam and then gassed up and THEN got on the road, a total of 5 hours in the van for them with no break!). They did great though, better than Brian and I:-/. When we got there, we met up with Patrick and Jamie, friends from Edmonton that also happened to be in Vancouver that night - they came swimming with us. We went to the Aquarium the next day which was fun, and didn't do much the rest of the weekend. Frances and I did some shopping Saturday afternoon (got stocked up on Lululemon workout clothes!) and Brian and I did some shoe shopping on Sunday, but other than that, we took it easy in the hotel. We had adjoining rooms so the kids had lots of room to run back and forth, and there were full kitchens in each room so we could eat in a lot. It was really fun! I like Vancouver - maybe we'll end up there some day;).
No comments:
Post a Comment