Sunday, March 1, 2015

No one under THREE in this house anymore!

It's been a long time since my last post. February has been a bit of a blur! We had our mid-winter break, but we didn't really do much. On Valentine's Day, Brian got a big lobster and some steak and we had a feast after the kids went to bed (Lynsey really wanted to see him put the lobster in the water, but she was really scared of it, too!). The following Friday after school, Lynsey got the stomach flu. Joy! Adam got it on Sunday, which was very unpleasant, and Brian and I got a mild version of it on Monday. Nathan escaped somehow! I had forgotten how a sickness like that can paralyze your life, I feel like that time was a total blur. We haven't had a stomach flu in our house since right before Nathan was born. Anyway, we recovered and life got back to normal:). We met with Steve and Tanya Thursday for lunch in South Lake Union which was fun (driving downtown was not, but it has to get easier with practice, right??).

Yesterday we celebrated our little Nathan! Such a special little three year old he is:). In the morning, we met Steve and Tanya at the Aquarium, and then went to the Crab Pot for lunch. It was a nice outing! After naptime, we had a little mini-party for Nathan at the park with Andy and Kristy and Elisse and Kelly. The sun was so lovely! It did start getting cold close to 5 o clock, but I'd say we lucked out being able to have a February birthday party at the park at all! Nathan loved the presents and his Dusty cake, I continue to marvel at what a typical little boy he is:).

Not much else to report on from the last few weeks. Oh - I got a sewing machine! Very impulsive purchase from Amazon, I suddenly decided that I wanted to learn to sew because seriously - what a useful skill! I have some fabric and a pattern, my first project is going to be a nightgown for Lynsey. Wish me luck! I know I can do this if I set my mind to it and just put a bit of effort in, I just hope I stay interested. I would love to be able to sew Easter dresses and Christmas dresses for Lynsey one day - what great memories of matching with my sisters all through my growing up years! I know she doesn't have to sister to match with, but still:). I'll keep you posted!

No comments: