Saturday, March 28, 2015

Friends here to visit!

The last few weeks have been pretty busy! We got visitors from Calgary last weekend! Our friends Bobbi and Jer and their 4 kids came to visit last Thursday and they stayed until Monday afternoon. We did a lot of stuff while they were here, which was at times a bit much for our kids, but all in all it was a great weekend! We went to Snoqualmie Falls Friday afternoon (and underestimated the hike down to the bottom and ended up being late picking Adam up from preschool, oops!). Saturday we took the ferry to Bainbridge Island and hung out at a park for a while, went down to the water. The ferry was a lot of fun for the kids:). We also went out for dinner that night, which proved to be a bit much for Adam in particular. We had to wait for an hour because of our large party (they originally told us it would only be 30-40 minutes, I'm not sure we would have waited if we had known it would be an hour) and it was just too much for him. We did manage to get him calmed down a few minutes after finally sitting down and he was actually fine for the rest of the meal, thank goodness! The service was good after that so it was worthwhile (I think!). Sunday we took a trip to the zoo. It didn't start out the greatest, Adam was again not cooperating very well so I took him to the Zoomazium, which is just an indoor play area. I don't know why we haven't gone there before! It ended up being an outing-saver for not just Adam, but Nathan joined us a little while later, and then the whole Sampson clan because their kids were melting down as well! We played there for a while and then Brian and Jer took the youngest kids home and Bobbi and I stayed with the older ones and had a great time! Yes, it was a very busy weekend and we may have tried to do too much in a short time, but that's just how it goes when people come to visit. They are on vacation so you have to try and give them the best experience you can without burning out your family, it's a delicate balance! We did have a great time and are taking it easy this weekend before another wave of visitors - Brian's parents on Easter weekend, and then Mary and Dave the Tuesday after Easter. Looking forward to having more familiar faces around here!

What else has been going on the last few weeks . . . we continue to flip flop back and forth about whether or not we should buy a house here or just keep renting (but a different house). We have serious misgivings about buying in this crazy market that is so favorable to buyers at the moment, I have heard of people putting in offers on multiple houses and being rejected over and over. Renting seems much simpler and safer and could quite possibly end up being financially more responsible. However, it's also important that we find the right house to rent, and there just aren't that many out there in our area (we have this problem when we look at houses for sale, too). I heard yesterday about a house that could be perfect for us to rent - 4 bedroom, just a few blocks away so Lynsey could stay at the same school, nicely redone and has the ONE thing that I will be insisting on in our next house - an ensuite bathroom. I am very hopeful! I heard about it from a friend from Lynsey's school, so I've asked her to get me in touch with the landlord. I'm just praying that it will work out if it's meant to be, I am so tired of worrying about this. I know, I shouldn't worry about it, but it's hard. Having a crystal ball would sure be nice so we could make the best decision:-/.

Nathan is becoming much more social, and we seem to have reached the point where having a friend over to play is lower maintenance for me than just having him here alone! He really loved Bobbi and Jer's baby, too, which was pretty cute:).

I can't think of much else to report! Life as usual I guess!

No comments: