Last weekend, Brian was off to Calgary for the weekend to take the house back from the property management company and do whatever needed to be done to get the house ready to sell. That meant that it was just me and the kids for Friday, Saturday and Sunday! We managed okay, got out of the house a few times, but mostly just stayed close to home. Brian was able to get a lot done at the house with the help of his family, so that was really great. Our renter didn't wreck the house which is good, but there were a lot of little things that they had to do. He apparently never changed a light bulb in the 20 months that he lived there, so Brian had to replace something like 20 light bulbs (he was a busy guy, what can you say!). We are thankful that there was nothing major, we just feel annoyed that there were some really simple things he could have done to prevent some of the water damage in the bathrooms (shower curtain anyone?) and the window sills (I was there when the inspector told him the lift the blinds a bit in the winter so as not to trap the condensation, grrr!). Oh and he lost our fireplace remote and garage door opener. We can charge him for the garage door opener, but the fireplace remote wasn't on the move-in report so we can't prove that it was there (he is of course denying it, again, grrr!). The fireplace remote is the pricey one to replace and we have to have it to sell, so that's a bummer. Like I said, all relatively minor stuff, just annoying! They are hopefully finishing up the work in the house this week so it can go on the market this weekend! Nervous, sad and excited all the same time - odd cocktail of emotions! Praying it sells fast!
Not much new in our house. Adam has been going through a weird phase where he doesn't want to go into his classroom at school. He does it with a smile so I THINK it might be a game, but it's an odd one. Yesterday he didn't even want to go into his swimming lesson, and that is really odd!! He does fine once he's in there, it's almost like he's just trying to put on some form of protest, like he's trying to gain some control or something. Nathan continues to assert his independence, and still can't really go without an afternoon nap! This is note-worthy since I have not had a child that napped past 2 and a half before! So strange to have a 3 year old that naps! I'm not complaining really, I just can't believe it!
On Friday night, Brian dropped me off at a hotel so I could have some me time! I LOVED it! I did a bunch of reading, some journaling, went out to dinner, went to the iPic theatre to watch a movie, did some shopping, had room service breakfast . . . it was lovely:). I think it should become an annual thing for sure! Sunday, Lynsey and I ran a Mother's Day race with my friend Jeni and her daughter Kenzi. The girls ran a 1 mile race and Jeni and I did the 5k. The girls did great! 9:35 was their time for a mile, not too shabby! I did the 5K in 27:20, so not quite at my goal of 27 minutes. It had a hill that I hadn't anticipated, it was advertised as "fast and flat"! And you had to do the hill twice because it was a there-and-back course! Mentally it was a lot tougher than I thought, but I was reasonably happy with my time. NEXT race I will be under 27 minutes for sure! I will verify that there are no hills before I sign up again:-S. All in all it was a good Mother's Day!
Update on my eyes - loving my new vision!! No regrets at ALL! I still have halos around bright lights, but I think they are getting slightly better (apparently it can take a few months for these to go away). I've already decided that even if they never go away, it was still worth doing the surgery! My eyes are not as dry anymore, although I'm still using artificial tears several times a day (more in the evenings). All in all, still so glad I had the chance to do it:).






No comments:
Post a Comment