Monday, December 28, 2015

Honolulu, Day 1 - Friday, December 18th

I am going to do these posts by day because it's just the easiest way to organize the pictures (and my thoughts:)). The trip there went pretty well. It was a bit hectic at the airport, even though we were at a very small airport (so thankful we flew out of Bellingham instead of Seatac!). We ate right before we boarded, and then Nathan spilled all the leftovers I was going to use as pacifiers on the plane. Thankfully, the Alaska rep saw what was happening, talked to the restaurant and we got some more food to take on the plane for free which was super nice of them! The flight was okay, it felt really long because the kids were awake for a lot of it. They did sleep a bit which was nice.

Brian's parents picked us up in our rental van, they had gotten there earlier in the day. The condo was basically what I expected, older but very spacious with gorgeous views. It took the kids forever to fall asleep that night! We had a really awful nights sleep that first night. We expected it, but I was hoping for better:-/. The first day we really took it easy. Brian and I went to get some groceries in the morning, Brian took a walk to get some flip flops since his never made it into the suitcase (you always have to forget something, right??). Nathan very badly needed a nap in the afternoon so I stayed back at the condo while everyone else took a walk to the beach. No one was in their swimsuits because we naively thought kids could see the beach for the first time in forever and not want to go in the water. They got in the water:). Nathan and I walked down after his nap and hung out there for a bit. We had dinner at the steak place in Waikiki that we basically defaulted to because every other place was busy, but it turned out to be quite good! I think I crashed at the same time as the kids that night, I was so exhausted!

No comments: