Well, here I am the day before we leave on our vacation to Honolulu, and I'm writing a blog post. I haven't even started packing! This is my dedication to not falling behind on blog posts! We have had a busy month, there's no other way to put it. Brian had his second week of training last week, and me and the kids managed without going completely crazy! It actually was going pretty well, until Adam started having some trouble towards the end of the week. The night before Brian came home, he woke up around 12:30am and started asking to "talk to Dad". For some reason I resisted, thinking that it probably wouldn't help anyway and why bug Brian, but he wore me down - I called him at 1:10. Hearing Brian's voice seemed to calm him down, but when I went back to bed, it wasn't long and I was hearing him again. He was eventually quiet for something like 45 minutes and then I started hearing him again! I went back to him, and he ramped up very quickly to wanting to talk to Dad again. I called Brian again (it was almost 3am at this point!) and it seemed to help a bit again. Shortly after this exchange he was finally quiet for the rest of the night. He knew that Brian was coming home the next day, and so on Friday, I told him he needed to go to sleep but he would see Dad in the morning. Well, as tired as he must have been (I'm convinced he was awake for at least 2.5 hours the night before), he resolved to keep himself away until Brian came home at 10:30pm! I couldn't believe it. If fighting sleep was a sport, he would be the world champion! He was so happy to see Brian - it was nice to see the tension melt away when he saw him.
The kids opened their presents Saturday morning! It was a lot of fun, the kids had a great time:). We were building Lego, figuring out an interactive puppy, looking at a scrapbook I made Adam, playing on our new walkie-talkies, all in all a really fun day! Sunday was a bit rough because Brian lost his wallet on the way to bring Adam to swimming lessons (he didn't realize that was when he lost it until later, but that's definitely when it happened). It was a bit stressful. Thankfully he didn't have much cash, but it was a pain because of our trip coming up and having to get all new cards. He was pretty sure it fell off the van on the freeway, so we were pretty sure that thing was gone. Well, Tuesday morning, as he is standing in the line at the DMV (to get a new Driver's License) waiting for it to open (there were already 30 people in line ahead of him), I get a phone call from our insurance company. A freeway maintenance worker had FOUND Brian's wallet on the freeway!! And he saw the insurance card and called the insurance company, who then called us! Instead of wasting time waiting at the DMV, Brian was able to meet up with this guy and get his wallet back! Unfortunately we had already cancelled all the cards, but still really great to not have to get a new Drivers License, and not worry that a copy of his Drivers was floating around somewhere. So thankful that most people will do the right thing when something like this happens! I actually believed that it would be returned to him sometime, just really glad it happened before the trip:).
So tomorrow we are off! We have a 6ish hour flight to Honolulu and we will get there pretty late. I am hoping the kids sleep on the plane, and that airport time isn't too hectic. I haven't had a lot of time to get excited for this trip, but it's starting to set in now! I actually started a weight loss challenge with a friend to try and lose 5 lbs before the trip, and I reached y goal yesterday! Woohoo! Now my goal will be to NOT put it all back on while we're there! We'll see how I do:).
Talk to you all when we get back!
No comments:
Post a Comment