Thursday, August 30, 2018

Summer coming to an end!

It is August 30th and we are staring down the start of another school year! How did this happen exactly?? We have been taking it mostly easy since we got back from our road trip. Brian and I had a Facebook party the Friday after we got back at GasWorks Park in Seattle and it was a lot of fun! The weather was perfect, beautiful setting, good food, fun times. On that following Sunday, Lynsey and I went to a Seattle Storm game (WNBA) and had a great time! We are now officially interested in the playoffs, in which the Storm are killing it by the way! 

Lynsey had her week at Sambica Bible Camp last week which she really enjoyed. There was a lot of smoke in the air which was unfortunate, but I just had to keep reminding myself how lucky we were not to have to deal with actual fires, just smoke! The boys and I didn't do a whole lot, I've been going to Orange Theory Fitness for the last few weeks and it's a challenge! It's a combination of treadmill, rowing and weight room work, and I like the variety of the classes. At first I thought I could never do a class with so much treadmill running, but they switch it up enough that I can tolerate it - and I know it's helping my cardio fitness! 

Yesterday, we went down to Vasa Park on Lake Sammamish for the Facebook Messenger group party. It was a great time! A little stressful at times, Adam went out to the waterslides and then we think he must have hit his head at some point because he didn't want to go down anymore, and complained about his head when he got back. Thankfully he at least swam back to the dock on his own, he did seem to recover and enjoy the rest of his time there. Nathan had fun on this monkey jump thing, Lynsey and Brian had a good time on the jet ski, I went out on the kayak with Nathan briefly but the waves from the jet skis drifting in made it a bit too scary for my "thrill seeker":-). All in all it was a nice few hours down by the lake, a last gasp of summer! I took Lynsey to another movie in the park last night as well which was fun, The Princess Bride - talk about a blast from the past! 



























No comments: